Fireworks, live music and more on July 1 in Burlington, Oakville, Milton & Waterdown.
Noon – 10:00 p.m.
Where: The Waterfront at Downtown Burlington – Spencer Smith Park
One of the Top 100 Festivals in Ontario! Bring your national pride and explore the abundance of Canadian inspired activities and musical entertainment all day long in Spencer Smith Park. Performances on 2 stages, children’s activities throughout the day, Nickel Brook Brewing Company licensed area, Canadiana Viewing Area presented by Sobeys, Liaison College Oakville and Nickel Brook Brewing Company, plus the Scholars in Collars dog training show.
Take the Shuttle Bus to Canada Day: New this year, a free shuttle service to downtown will run from noon to 11 p.m. with stops at:
Haber Recreation Centre
Mainway Recreation Centre
Burlington GO Station, north parking lot (Queensway Drive)
Burlington Performing Arts Centre, Elgin Street
Parking: Downtown parking during festivals and events is available at:
Locust Street waterfront parking garage (7-levels)
Meters on streets and various municipal parking lots
Canada Day Strawberry Social by the Lake
11:00 A.M.- 4:00 P.M.
Where: At Joseph Brant Museum
Admission is Free! Come join us for fun, games and everyone’s favourite treat of fresh strawberries and vanilla ice cream. Live music, Entertainment & performances.
- Opening Ceremonies with First Nations Drumming 11:15
- Amazing Fathers of the Confederation One Man Show& Meet Sir John A. Macdonald! 11:45
- The Amazing Talents of Nick’s Juggling Family! 12:45
- Experience 123 Dance with Me! 2:00
- Doppelganger – everyone’s favourite songs performed live! 2:30
- Go back in time with a Victorian Circus & Museum of Oddities with Carnival De La Luna! (Various sideshow performance times throughout the day)
Children’s Activity Area Including: Helium balloons, face painting, a Scavenger Hunt Adventure, fun festive crafts, fair-style games with prizes and other great hands-on activities, Delicious fresh strawberries and old-fashioned ice cream, The famous Trifles & Treasures Market, Vendors, Crafters, Demonstrators and Artisans, An Irresistible Silent Auction open to the public, Museum tours, Special Interactive stations, all day attractions,Costumed Historic Characters, Museum tours and Gift Shop, Refreshments and BBQ.
11:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Where: Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park
FREE all-day family festival celebrating how proud we are to be Canadian!
This annual Oakville tradition welcomes upwards of 50,000 people celebrating by end of day in Bronte’s gorgeous Heritage Waterfront Park.
- Niagara Inflatables bouncies and fun for kids
- K-Tel Mini Pop Kids performance
- Canada Day themed Monster Mural courtesy of RBC
- Musical performances all day on two stages
- Bronte Harbour Stage: 11:30 a.m. until the big bang!
- Cogeco Community Stage: 12:00-6:00 p.m. (featuring local talent and community performances)
- Beer and Food Garden
- Bronte Road Food Court featuring local restaurants and food vendors
- Vendor Village featuring the work of local artisans and products from Bronte Merchants
- Fireworks and Live Simulcast on 95.3 Fresh FM! There will be a spectacular fireworks display at dusk off Bronte pier. Be sure to tune into 95.3 Fresh FM for the full fireworks experience, as our fireworks will be set off to an amazing music remix!
Free Shuttle Bus Service: The FREE Canada Day Shuttle Bus will be running from 11:00am to 12:00 midnight from the Burloak RioCAN Centre to Bronte Village (Pick up and drop off at Burloak RioCAN is near Home Outfitters). *The last shuttle bus departing RioCan will be at 9:15pm. *Town of Oakville Transit will be operating on a holiday schedule. Please check schedule for full details.
Gates open at 11:30am
Fireworks at 10pm – Rain or Shine
Where: Milton Fairgrounds
- Breakfast with our Veterans at Victoria Park
- Live Entertainment
- Tim Hortons Kidz Zone, Fun Zone and Family Activities
- Jagger Sports Big Air Stunt Show (Grandstand – 2pm, 3pm, 4pm)
- Shriner Circus Erika Zerbini Horse Show (Gold Ring – 1:30pm, 2:30pm, 3:30pm)
- Reptile Store – 3 Shows plus All Day Visitation (Ring A – 2pm, 3pm, 4pm)
- Hands On Exotics (Ring A – 2:30pm, 3:30pm, 4:30pm)
- Rona Little Hammers Club (Painting Hats)
- Petting Zoo and Pony Rides
FREE Canada Day Shuttle Service to Milton Fairgrounds courtesy of Milton Transit
11:00 am – 10:00 pm
Where: Waterdown Memorial Park
The 5th annual Oh Canada Ribfest continues on July 1 with delicious ribs, live music, vendors in the Rotary Marketplace and family activities. All proceeds go to projects sponsored by the Rotary Clubs of Flamborough and Waterdown.