Burlington Fire Dept. Open House
The Burlington Fire Department invites you to attend its annual open house on Saturday, Oct.5, 2013 at Headquarters’ Fire Station, 1255 Fairview St. from 1 to 4 p.m. The open
The Burlington Fire Department invites you to attend its annual open house on Saturday, Oct.5, 2013 at Headquarters’ Fire Station, 1255 Fairview St. from 1 to 4 p.m. The open house kicks off Fire Prevention Week (Oct. 6 to 12) and is a very popular event that offers activities for the entire family.
At 1 p.m. the opening ceremonies will take place with Mayor Rick Goldring and Fire Chief Tony Bavota welcoming guests. Dignitaries will be escorted in by the Burlington Fire Department Pipes and Drums band.
Following the opening ceremonies members of the Burlington Fire Department will perform live demonstrations including:
- rope rescue at the training tower
- kitchen stove fire and portable fire extinguishers
- vehicle air bag demo
- auto extrication (Burlington Fire Department Extrication Team)
- two living room fires, one with the benefit of residential fire sprinklers in the room
Event attendees will be invited to participate in many hands-on activities:
- adults can extinguish a real fire using a portable fire extinguisher (participants will be entered into a free draw)
- children can operate a real fire hose
- families can experience a smoke filled building
- see demonstrations of the thermal imaging camera in the indoor training facility
- see first aid and defibrillator demonstrations
The Burlington Aldershot Lions Club will provide food and refreshments with proceeds going to support local projects and initiatives. Parking at the station is limited so additional parking has been provided by Mapleview Mall.
(Saturday) 1:00 pm - 4:00 pm