March is the month for all things maple and Mountsberg’s Maple Town is open and ready for guests. It has been a cold start to the 2014 season, but a couple
March is the month for all things maple and Mountsberg’s Maple Town is open and ready for guests. It has been a cold start to the 2014 season, but a couple of warm days the week of March 10 brought some sap! Above zero temperatures during the day and frosty nights will bring more sap in the weeks to come. Maple Town will take advantage of this incredible natural phenomenon from March 1 until April 6, 2014.
Mountsberg’s sugar bush has been producing maple magic for more than 150 years and educating the public for more than 30 years. Approximately 600 trees are tapped during spring and the watery sap is be magically transformed into sweet maple syrup in the Sugar Shanty.
Included in your maple experience:
- See how sap is magically transformed into sweet, sticky syrup and smell the fragrant steam rising from simmering kettles
- Learn the secrets of Maple Candy making and taste FREE candy samples
- Enjoy piping hot pancakes smothered in fresh maple syrup outdoors under our pavilion nestled in the woods
- Explore our straw playground and slide, climb jump and run in the Play Barn
- See dramatic birds of prey demonstrations in the Raptor Centre
- View bison, eagles, hawks and owls along the Wildlife Walkway
- *ALSO* Enjoy a guided horse-drawn wagon ride
March 1 (Saturday) - April 6 (Sunday)