A cake inside a cookie?!
That's right...the ultimate cookie exists, and can be found in Bronte Village. Try these at home, or order yours from Sweet! Bakery in time for Valentine's Day!
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar, plus more for rolling
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp red colour (preferably gel if available)
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Cream cheese frosting, either homemade or store-bought (chilled)
- Cream butter and sugars together until smooth. Beat in eggs, vanilla, red colour. In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt, add to wet ingredients. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Roll into golf-ball-sized balls and flatten into discs. Put 1 tsp chilled cream cheese frosting in centre of each disc and gently wrap the dough around it into a ball so no cracks remain. Chill for at least 30mins or up to 2 hours.
- Roll balls in sugar and bake at 350 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until edges are firm and centres are still soft.
- Let cool and share with someone you love!