Have fun making these at home in time for Easter, or you can always pick some up from Anna Cakes in Downtown Oakville.
- Flour 350 g
- Butter 150 g
- Icing sugar 100g
- Egg 1 large
- Vanilla 1 tsp
- Salt 1/2 tsp
ROYAL ICING INGREDIENTS
- Icing sugar 2 cups
- Meringue powder 2/5 tbsp
- Water 1/4 cup
METHOD FOR BISCUITS
- 1 Mix flour, icing sugar, salt and soft butter in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Beat on slow-medium speed until the ingredients become breadcrumbs - about 4 to 5 minutes.
- 2 Add egg and vanilla and mix.
- 3 Put the ingredients in a bowl and knead a little until you get a smooth and uniform dough that does not stick to your hands. Put the dough in the refrigerator for a quarter of an hour.
- 4 Spread the dough between two pieces of plastic wrap to an approximate thickness of 3 mm and press it into shapes with your cookie cutters.
- 5 Lift the cookie dough shapes and bake them on an ungreased baking tray.
- 6 Bake for 12-14 minutes at 350 F or until they change colour slightly.
You can prepare this dough with almond flavour, ginger flavour or any other flavour.
ROYAL ICING METHOD
- 1 Mix icing sugar and meringue powder.
- 2 Add water and stir to mix completely
- 3 Add food colour of your choice and stir.
Cover the bowl with a damp cloth so that the ingredients do not dry out.