There is a reason why the Old Fashioned Whisky Cocktail has remained a favourite on the drinks scene for almost 200 years. It is the cocktail equivalent of comfort food.
Your holiday guests will love this version of the traditional drink. Replacing the sugar or simple syrup with Kinsip’s Whisky Barrel Aged Maple Syrup adds depth to the flavour and gives it a Canadian spin.
Just as good ingredients are key to this drink, so are the garnishes. In this version we swap the traditional orange peel for a Sullivan Luxury Candied Orange slice and two maraschino cherries. Perfect flavours for sipping by the fire, or while wrapping presents.
Maple Orange Old Fashioned
- 2 oz quality bourbon or Canadian Whisky
- 1 oz Kinsip Whisky Barrel Aged Maple Syrup
- 2 dashes Sullivan Luxury Orange Bitters
- Sullivan Luxury Candied Orange Slice
- Sullivan Luxury Maraschino Cherries
- Place a candied orange slice into the bottom of a mixing glass and gently muddle for a few seconds to release flavour. Add all ingredients and top with ice. Stir gently for at least 25 rotations.
- Add a 2” square ice cube to a lowball or Old Fashioned glass. Strain cocktail over ice. Garnish with orange slice and maraschino cherries.
Visit Flourish & Bask
245 Lakeshore Road East, Unit 2, Oakville