- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 Tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 110g bittersweet chocolate, melted and cooled
- ¾ cup unsalted butter
- 1½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and add eggs, one at a time, mixing until each egg is completely incorporated before adding the next. Mix in vanilla.
- Pour in lukewarm cooled chocolate and mix on low speed, scraping the sides and bottom of the bowl well, until batter is uniform in color. Add dry ingredients and mix on low speed until just incorporated.
- Scoop tablespoon sized balls of dough and place on a parchment lined sheet.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes at 350 or until just set in the middle
- Let cookies cool, and fill with Mint Buttercream.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over top and garnish with festive sprinkles!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 Tbsp cream
- 1/2 tsp mint extract
- Cream butter and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Gradually add in the cream until the frosting is a spreadable consistency.
Visit The Sweetest Thing
at 282 Kerr Street in Oakville